2013年9月23日星期一

Programming format confusion

  As expected, the first few weeks of lecture mostly evolve around class and objects. Some of the details of class are still quite vague to me, but every time when I run into some problems, I look into the rampup slides that was forwarded to us and they surely lessen my burden. 
  I was confused with Danny's programming format at the beginning. He didn't really guide us through the design receipe but I can understand that because sometimes there can be many variation and combinations and it is impossible for professor to go over them one by one with us. The part that got me confused for quite a while is actually the function header he wrote. It is slightly different from the format I learned in csc108. We were told to write a function header on the first line and the docstr and description on the second line. Interestingly, Danny didn't seem to include a docstr in his defined function which I found really weird. 
  However, I later on discovered that Danny actually include his docstr in the function header which I found smart and it truly brings clarity. It seems confusing at the beginning as I thought it is something new but when I actually breaks down the code, I realizes some similar pattern in both format. 
  For further understanding,I read each lecture slides over again to make sure my interpretation is right. Now, I learned to adopt this new kind of programming format. 
  I am excited and do look forward to the next lecture. 

没有评论:

发表评论